UPDATE: These images are from an older
version of FrontPage, but the instructions are still valid.
The webpages server, located at http://webpages.ursinus.edu
hosts all student, faculty, staff and organization Web sites.
To publish to the webpages
|1. In FrontPage, click on
File, Publish Site
|2. The "Remote Web
Site Properties" dialog Box will pop up.
3. Click on the FTP radio button
In the remote website location box
Do NOT add the name of your site. The server
automatically determines the correct publishing location when
you authenticate (send your username and password).
4. Click on the Ok button
|5. The "Name and
Password Required" dialog box will pop up.
6. Type: ursinus\username and
password and click on OK
Both your local web site (on your computer) and the remote website
(on the server windows will show.
8. In the bottom right had corner make
sure the local to remote radio button is selected and then click on
the Publish Site button
- FrontPage will parse through your local copy of
your site and determine which files have been updated since the last
time you published and send only the required files to the server.
- The first time you publish, all files will be
- After FP is finished, check your Web site to make
sure everything looks correct.
- FP retains the server location, so you won't have
to go through the entire procedure each time.
- You'll only need to enter your username and
password when you publish.
- After you have published, FP will retain your
password until you exit the program.
- If you close FP, you should be prompted to enter
your password when you try to publish again.
- Some special effects that can be created using FP
do not function correctly in all browsers or browser versions.
Do not use these special effects unless you know your target audience
uses a browser that supports the special effect.
- When you publish your site, make sure your home page is named one of